Vacationing In The Florida Keys - Heronsrest
Waterfront - Boat Dockage - 2 Bedroom - Sunset Views - Weekly
The Florida Keys and Key West offers unlimited things to do to have fun. If you go to Monroe County's Tourist website, you will be able to find it all - but your best place to stay will be with us, at the Heronsrest!
Listed below is only a start.
- The State of Florida is working on the Florida Keys Overseas Heritage Trail.
- Just in walking and biking distance is the Long Key Fishing Bridge - a panoramic view of the clear waters of the Keys. This bridge is part of Henry Flagler's original Overseas Highway for the railroad. The bridge is 2.8 miles.
- Florida Long Key State Park - offers nature trails, biking, canoeing, walking the beach, wild bird watching.
- Hawks Cay Resort is 2 miles from the Heronsrest. Offering full watersports fun - waverunners, kiteboarding, scuba diving, snorkeling, charter boat fishing - offshore, flats, wreck, reef. Plus, Hawks Cay has restaurants and bars.
- Pier 68, located on Long Key, rentals waverunners, pontoon boats, kayaks, fishing boats.
- Bayview Inn Motel and Marina, located on the island of Conch Key, sells groceries, live and frozen bait, Key Lime Pies can be purchased and supplies for fishing and diving.
- Dolphin Research Center, on Grassy Key - 7 minutes away from the Heronsrest - is an interactive dolphin center.
- The Wreck and Galley Grill, next to the Dolphin Research Center is a "good eats".
- Key Largo - John Pennekamp State Park for really good snorkeling. There are several good dive shops in the Upper Keys.
- Islamorada - Theatre By The Sea - this attraction has been in the Florida Keys a long time and offers fun daily shows with dolphins and other marine animals.
- Islamorada - The restaurants The Morada Bay and Pierre's are the best in the whole Keys.
- Marathon - Crane Point Museum, a nature trail of the Florida Hammock.
- Marathon - Marathon Wild Bird Center located on the tour at the Crane Point Museum.
- Marathon - Tilden's Scuba Center - learn to scuba dive or take one of their twice daily trip to reefs and wrecks. They also have a fishing boat.
- Marathon - Keykers Ladies Fashions - for Florida Keys souvenirs and custom designed tropical lady's clothing.
- Big Pine Key - look for Key Deer and stop at the No Name Pub for their unbelievable pizza
- Key West - Key West takes a day to tour, so plan on an early start from the Heronsrest. Key West is one hour and 15 minutes from Conch Key. Get yourself on Duval Street and start walking. Be sure to take lots of quarters for the parking meters.
Top of Page
Copyright Heronsrest 1998 - Conch Key, Florida, Florida Keys
Website design Fl. Keys website design company, specializing in Vacation Rental Properties: access-to-web.com
add video to your website, Marathon, Florida in the fantastic Florida Keys